05/27/2014 12:46 AM
ME Embedded Support in MTJ development is starting
Sorry for late reply.
Feature list sounds promising.
You should work on master branch of MTJ repository. That's a steady and
From: ext Alexander Burdukov [alexander.burdukov@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2014 7:41 AM
To: Gothadiya Pranav (Nokia-DX/Bangalore)
Subject: ME Embedded Support in MTJ development is starting
we are starting active development of ME8 Embedded support in MTJ.
The goal is to prepare something usable (ideally, complete ME8 Embedded
support) by the beginning of JavaOne'14 (approx. end of Sep).
The draft tasks breakdown and estimations are below. At the moment I
expect that 3 engineers are going to be involved in this development.
Could you advise us which repository we should base on at the moment
(master, installable_sdk, ...)?
1. Support of IMP-NG and MEEP profiles, CLDC 8 configuration - 1 week
2. Remove preverification step for MEEP based projects - 1 week
3. Associate ME project launchers with projects as it did for Java SE
projects (currently removing of project does not remove its launchers
that causes some bad side effects) - 2 weeks
4. Replace ME SDK workarounds by complete solution on MTJ side - 1 week:
1) MTJ tries to remove MIDlet suite from the project device
running a project in OTA mode instead of removing from the device where
the project is going to be run.
2) On Win32 MTJ uses "cmd/c" to run emulator process
just running emulator executable itself. As the result termination of
this run in Eclipse does not terminate the emulator.
5. MEEP Security Model support - 2 weeks
6. LIBlets support:
1) LIBlets basic infrastructure (project type, new project
build) - 2 weeks
2) LIBlets project dependencies - 2 weeks
3) LIBlets provisioning - 2 weeks
4) LIBlets signing - 1 week
7. ME Compiler Plugin Support - 2 weeks:
Allow to run additional project builder on compiled
Oracle Java ME VM does not support "invokedynamic" JVM instruction,
we need to generate corresponding warnings on project build.
mtj-dev mailing list