Re: [tools-pmc] Adding a committer for releng tasks ?

That's pretty common practice and IMHO releng is an important contribution. I have no problem with it.

Doug.

From: Martin Oberhuber <martin.oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, 4 October, 2012 2:11 AM
To: "tools-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx" <tools-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [tools-pmc] Adding a committer for releng tasks ?

Greetings Tools PMC,

In the TM project, we're thinking about adding a person (Jose Manuel Garcia Maciel of IBM) for release engineering tasks, particularly migrating / maintaining legacy builds of old streams after our upcoming git migration.

In order to make sure that his tasks work smoothy without unnecessary blockers, we'd propose making him a committer.

Jose has no public track record of any contributions so far, but we discussed the situation with the current active committers today and would be OK with him becoming committer. His rights would be restricted to releng by social convention.

I know that there have been precedent cases like this with other projects, and think that this should work if the project is OK (via normal committer vote). Just wanted to check back with you whether you see any roadblocks from the Foundation / Dev Process point of view.

Wayne was OK with this but suggested I also ping the Tools PMC.

Thanks,
Martin

Back to the top