Skip to main content

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index] [List Home]
[tools-pmc] RE: PDT 1.0

Thanks for the information/advice.

Yossi Leon
Product Manager, Development Tools
& PDT Project Leader
yossi@xxxxxxxx +1-212-645-0040

-----Original Message-----
From: Bjorn Freeman-Benson [mailto:bjorn.freeman-benson@xxxxxxxxxxx] 
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2007 6:40 PM
To: Yossi Leon
Cc: tools-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: PDT 1.0

The risk in this strategy is that the IP issues will still not be 
resolved by September and thus you would not be able to release the 1.0.

And a 1.0 is more community/PR significant, so if you miss the 1.0 
release (due to IP issues, sure, but nobody will pay attention to that),

then it will be a bigger "miss" than you might want. One reason I had 
suggested doing a 0.7 release was to get a lot of the IP clearance done 
ahead of a 1.0 release - then only the IP changes between 0.7 and 1.0 
would need new clearance.

But, having said that, the EMO has no position on skipping a 0.7 and 
going straight to a 1.0 -- it's the PDT team and Tools PMC's decision.

- Bjorn

Back to the top