Re: [tinydtls-dev] Current version of TinyDTLS (Eclipse)

Raul, Olaf,

On 03/27/2017 02:35 PM, Olaf Bergmann wrote:
Raul,

Raul Fuentes <ra.fuentess.sam+tinyDTLS@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

I just want to confirm the current official version of tinyDTLS.
Thanks for asking :-)

At the main page of Eclipse is marked as the 0.9.0, released at
15/March/2017.
However, something tell me that Olaf put that date as tentative.

So, are we still in the 0.8.6?
Yes, unfortunately.

For the pending 0.9 release, we need at least

* replace the current ECC implementation by micro-ecc
   (the latter has passed the CQ process already in contrast to the former)

* complete the formal IPR assessment (which is pretty much blocked by
   the ECC stuff)

So, you can see that the ECC is the major blocking issue here. I have
already code to integrate micro-ecc in tinydtls, so there is not that
much work to do (changing function calls, writing a little glue
code). (One caveat has been reported, though: micro-ecc currently does
not support 16 bit architectures.)

Regarding 16bit not supported, I did not tested it or asked the developers, I just read the README.
I had no time to look at it.

Maybe in 16bit there is a compat "using the 8bit mode but it is slow and not optimized".

To be sure, at the end would you like to get rid of the current ecc implementation ?
Either there could be a backward compat code for 16bit using the old version

Regards
Gaëtan

Grüße
Olaf