Re: [thym-dev] Wish to contribute an incubation plugin

On 03/16/2015 05:11 PM, Gorkem Ercan wrote:
On 16 Mar 2015, at 11:50, Mickael Istria wrote:

On 03/16/2015 04:16 PM, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
We would like to use this in JBoss Tools builds - so a topic branch would be problematic IMO.
+1
What remains on topic branch is not made available for testers/consumers. Being on a topic branch doesn't have any value compared to being on a separate repo as it is now.

Currently. the new Import framework does not require Mars, and should work with older version of Eclipse, so having this plugin and this new dependency wouldn't affect backward-compatibility at all. In the future, I hope this will be turned into a new API inside org.eclipse.ui.workbench plugin for Nirvana (or whatever is called Mars +1).
As an iteration, what about having an incubation folder in Thym, where I'd add the plugin + the depenedency of the import framework, and that would be built separately ?

No need to iterate. Let's add the plugin directly to plugins folder and add the dependency. Also please add it to the update site on an Experimental category.
Thanks. I'll come up with a PR soon.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat