Re: [thym-dev] build

On 10/07/2014 04:22 AM, Gorkem Ercan wrote:
I think the getting started experience is very important and mobile with all the requirements for SDKs etc. already starts behind. For those developers who already have node/npm on their system getting started would probably not change but for others we would have to give instructions to download and install node.
And instead of reimplementing or embedding parts of node.js or Cordova CLI, what about getting "workswith" CQ for them, and when starting a THyM project, have a wizard page downloading and installing them if necessary? So new users would simply click "Next >" and it would work for them without taking care of anything, but THyM would then be able to assume that node.js and Cordova CLI are there and could use them instead of reimplementing packaging mechanism.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat

Back to the top