Skip to main content

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index] [List Home]
[technology-pmc] Re: [nebula-dev] First Draft proposal to the Nebula-Project split

Why not just do a single "Restructuring Review" I think that, in the long run, it'll be easier and it will give the community ample opportunity to review and comment. Essentially, you'd need something along the lines of:

1) Turn Nebula into a container project
2) Create a new "incubator" operating project under Nebula; committers will be X,Y,Z, ...
3) Move the code for A,B,C, ... into the incubator
4) Create a new project P under Nebula for ... with committers ....

Slap in the motiviation you've included in the proposal document, and I think we're good to go. We'd also need an IP Log review before we start.

Once the review completes, you'll need to fill out a couple of NPPRs for the various new subprojects, but then you'll be good to go.

Does this make sense?


Tom Schindl wrote:
Hi Nicolas, Nebula-Devs and Technology-PMC,

Thanks for your feedback and sorry that this took sooooo long.

I'd like to ask for your input on this proposal and whether you think
there's something missing.

The question is whether we need to move away from Technology once we did
a 1.0 release, PMC?

I'm going to collect data later which projects want to do a 1.0 release
(ideally we'd schedule it for EclipseCon 2010?).


Nicolas Richeton schrieb:
Hi Tom,

Looks good for me.

Just a few things :
- "Please send all feedback to the eclipse.ufacekit newsgroup." ->
should be the nebula newsgroup, correct ?

- The process for stable widgets may not be totally clear. Does a widget
that is no longer in incubation and can't follow the release schedule
have to get out of Nebula and have an eclipse projet on its own ? "3. Creating a project for every widget who doesn't want to get part
of the incubator nor staying in the Nebula-Project whose committers
agree on a release schedule."
Thanks for your work on this proposal.

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 11:00 AM, Tom Schindl <listom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:listom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hi Nebula-Committers,

    It took longer than I estimated but I finally found some minutes on the
    weekend working on the Nebula-Project proposal draft which should help
    us getting out of the lock situation we are currently in.

    Comments and feedback naturally welcome or rather expected because it
    directly affects you as the widget developers. The difference between
    the last discussed idea and the one outlined in the project proposal is
    that it's *NOT* a must for a widget to get a project on itsown but it
    can also reside into the Nebula where we are going to define a release
    schedule for 1.0 release.

    I more or less decided on the project I'm more or less the maintainer
    (Grid,PShelf,PGroup) to let them stay into Nebula and do a 1.0 sometime
    later *this* year.


    nebula-dev mailing list
    nebula-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:nebula-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Nicolas Richeton


nebula-dev mailing list


nebula-dev mailing list

Back to the top