Re: [technology-pmc] Formalizing some practices

On 2/25/2009 11:23 AM, Wayne Beaton wrote:
===Electing Committers===
The Eclipse Development process allows a project to set its own criteria
for electing new committers. The Technology PMC requires that all
committer nominations include specific rationalization of the merit of
the individual. At a minimum, we expect that all committer nominations
include a list of at least three bugs (including ids) that the candidate
has worked on.

Like the others, I'm concerned about putting a specific number of bugs as a requirement. Seems to me that will inevitably lead to attempts to game that system. I would suggest simply omitting the "at least three" part from the last sentence.

Eric

Back to the top