[technology-pmc] Formalizing some practices

Hey Technology PMC members.

I'd like to add a "Practices" section to our wiki page [1] with the following initial content:

--
==Policies and Practices==
In this section, we describe some of the processes that are particular to the Technology PMC.

===Setting Policies and Practices===
All new policies and practices, and changes to existing policies and practices, are discussed and voted upon in the Technology PMC's mailing list. A simple majority of all active PMC members is required to implement new policies and practices.

===Changing a Project Lead===
Ultimately, the Technology PMC can, at its own discretion, change the leadership of a Technology project. However, whenever possible, such action will only be undertaken following a vote (simple majority) from the project's committers. Any negative votes (-1) must be resolved to the PMC's satisfaction.

===Electing Committers===
The Eclipse Development process allows a project to set its own criteria for electing new committers. The Technology PMC requires that all committer nominations include specific rationalization of the merit of the individual. At a minimum, we expect that all committer nominations include a list of at least three bugs (including ids) that the candidate has worked on.
--

I'd like to have your thoughts on this topic. I'd like to capture as much of this sort of information as we can, in as concise a form as possible. Some additional wordsmithing might be required.

If there are other entries that you think we need to add, let's please discuss them.

Thanks,

Wayne

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Technology

Back to the top