RE: [technology-pmc] Restructuring Nebula Project

What I was trying to say is that even for relatively stable code (such as some of the Nebula components), reaching the 1.0 release will take some time. Even if the code is perfect per Eclipse expectations, there is still community building and build processes to take care of. The "where will you go after Technology" question is more relevant for graduation review rather than project creation.

As I said, I agree that projects should be able to talk about concrete relocation plans as part of the graduation review.

> I wonder if, after a few subprojects reach maturity, it might make sense
> for the entire Nebula project to just move to RT?

Why RT? The interesting question is whether or not it makes sense to have the Nebula project at all if all components are broken out into individual projects. The answer to that question will determine whether the new projects should be sub-projects of Nebula or sub-projects of Technology directly.

Oracle
Konstantin Komissarchik | Consulting Member of Technical Staff
Phone: +1 425 201 1795 | Mobile: +1 206 898 0611
Oracle Eclipse Tooling
411 108th Ave NE, Suite 2100 | Bellevue, WA 98004