[technology-pmc] Do we need two mailing lists?

The technology-pmc mailing list is turning into a fairly high-volume list as the PMC uses it for all communication amongst its members. Most of that communication is not of general interest and is potentially causing undue stress on the project leaders who have been compelled to join the list so that they may be privy to communication from the PMC to the projects.

I'd like to propose that we split the list.

The technology-pmc list will remain as it is. It will be primarily for communication between PMC members and for others to pose questions directly to the PMC. Anybody can subscribe.

The technology-projects list will be for communication between the PMC and the various technology projects. We would require that each project lead subscribe to this list.

Thoughts?

Wayne

Back to the top