[technology-pmc] Re: adding new employees as committers

We can give him bug resolution priviledges without him being a committer, although I'm not sure why you would do that? Doesn't the developer who fixes the bug mark it as RESOLVED/FIXED? Then a QA person might mark it as VERIFIED, but I'm not seeing why a QA person would resolve it.

Amy Muntz wrote:

Hi Bjorn,

I understand the issues about committers, but in this case - one of the employees I would like to add is in a QA capacity. It turns out that he can't even resolve a bug in bugzilla without having committer privileges. This individual is sure to provide very useful service, but not necessarily "programming chops". I wanted to give him the ability to resolve bugs, help with the website, and other non-programming functions.

I would appreciate any advice on the best way to proceed.

Back to the top