Re: [swtchart-dev] GSoC 2019 : Extending the export options project

Yep, that sounds like a good plan. Apache is a good choice and Apache Batik and others are already listed in Eclipse Orbit:
https://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads/drops/R20190226160451/

It means, that when can use them out of the box.
Please share your proposal and keep an eye on the GSoC deadlines.

Best,
Philip