RE: [swordfish-dev] Integrating / evaluating servicemix

Title: Re: [swordfish-dev] Integrating / evaluating servicemix

Hello Oliver,

our scenario is: we are developing a rather huge software system since about 8 years

with Java technology, and the interfaces available by now are almost all file based,

e.g. we are importing/exporting data from/to CSV files from directories or fetching/

uploading  them from/to a SAP system via OpenFT. (HR data, fee lists, PO, …)

A client we want to serve with the next release wants us to integrate with his already

available SAP XI environment, so we are migrating from those file based integration

to message based integration. So, they have applications for HR and MDM, PO and

others for BW (Kalido and Oracle DWH) and contract and litigation management.

Almost all are SAP applications, but they use others for other business processes

(Lotus Notes, OpenText LiveLink, …)

By now, it seems that, for our purpose, the integration of tools like swordfish,

servicemix, OpenESB or Mule is a big out of scope, but if the effort integrating it is

worth with respect of modularity, extensibility and flexibility, I think I but some

time in it…

Thanks

Chris