[swordfish-dev] Swordfish runtime build integration: proposal

Hello all.

As you probably know we need some jars from the Swordfish Runtime (RT) to build Swordfish Tooling. Here is a user story and a TODO.

Scenario

- A user checks out the both of trunks.

- The user runs an RT build using an Ant build script from the RT trunk. If the build is OK (tests are passed) then the "lastGoodSwordfishRuntime" directory is created inside the directory with RT trunk and all the necessary jars are copied to it. The result: we have a target platform.

- The user runs a special Ant script from the Tooling trunk. This script creates the "target_platform" directory inside the directory with Tooling trunk and copies all the files from the "lastGoodSwordfishRuntime" directory to it. The result: we have a target platform inside Tooling and we do not need the RT trunk for now -- so if the RT directory will be destroyed (all can happen!) we can build Tooling anyway.

- The user runs a Tooling build using an Ant build script from the Tooling trunk. This script uses jars from the "target_platform" directory.

Tasks

- Minsk team writes the script for copying.

- Juergen creates a CC button which will run the script for copying on the server.

- Minsk team updates the Tooling build Ant script.

----

Best regards,

Dzmitry Krakadzeyau

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 3832 (20090206) __________