[sw360-dev] SW360 Upgrade Thrift Version to 0.11.0

hello team,

we are going to upgrade Apache Thrift (version 0.11.0, before 0.9.3)in SW360.

Maximilian already created a pull request on our portal project.

< https://github.com/eclipse/sw360/pull/431 >

We are planning to merge this pull request soon.

That means you need to upgrade also your Apache Thrift version on the build server/environment.

If you start from the beginning you can use our build setups sw360vagrant or sw360chores.

For sw360vagrant there is already a pull request ready with the new Apache Thrift version 0.11.0.

< https://github.com/sw360/sw360vagrant/pull/22/files >

(updated files: download-packages.sh and scripts/install-thrift.sh)

For existing environment’s please upgrade following this instruction to upgrade the installed thrift application:

- update repositories: sudo apt-get update

- install ant: sudo apt-get install ant

- install necessary packages: sudo apt-get install libboost-dev libboost-test-dev libboost-program-options-dev libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-thread-dev libevent-dev automake libtool flex bison pkg-config g++ libssl-dev

- download Apache Thrift 0.11.0 e.g. https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/thrift/0.11.0/thrift-0.11.0.tar.gz

- unar the thrift package: tar -xvf thrift-0.11.0.tar.gz

- for Ubuntu run the following scripts: ./bootstrap.sh and ./configure

- build thrift: sudo make

- install thrift: sudo make install

- verify the installed version: thrift –version or thrift –version à Thrift version 0.11.0

… run your preferred sw360 install script…

you can find more information...

https://thrift-tutorial.readthedocs.io/en/latest/installation.html

Thank you!

Cheers