Re: [sumo-user] Vehicle stops following the route after calling moveToXY()

It may help to make the Geforce the default adapter. On my system, sumo-gui was using  the integrated graphics adapter by default and this had a huge impact on running time. (open the nvidia system control panel (should be available from a right click on the desktop background) go to 3D settings and select nvidia as your preferred graphics processor).
There is still a known issue where 'show-route' drops the gui refresh rate while the simulation is running but at least you should have no problem seeing routes in a stopped simulation.