[sumo-user] Airport simulation

Dear all,

today I got an interesting question from my colleagues: Could SUMO (possibly with some internal changes) simulate the ground traffic on an airport? By ground traffic I mean (a) movement of planes of all kinds over taxiways, (b) all possible types of ground vehicles (passenger buses, luggage transport, service vehicles, tow vehicles, fuel trucks), (c) simulation of passenger boarding or cargo loading/unloading

Their ultimate goal is to have a testbed for ground traffic management on an airport. Currently they have a model in an commercial agent-based simulator, where planes are modelled as plane-shaped trains (as trains move forward and backward), but the simulator costs are substantial and they are looking for preferrably open-source solution before they start to implement more complicated scenarios.

Any thoughts?

Jan

Back to the top