Re: [sumo-user] Connection mode

Adding such a connection with pass=true (overriding normal right-of-way considerations) will never be safe. If you want vehicles to use the left lanes despite having to take the exit, you can instead create a zipper merge for the middle and right lane (https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Netedit/neteditUsageExamples.html#creating_a_zipper_merge).
If you want to include the left lane, add a second zipper merge.