Re: [sumo-user] docked bicycle system

Dear SUMO users, I have a question regarding bicycle collisions on a dedicated bicycle lane.

I have generated Bicycle trips using Randomtrips.py tool and set up dedicated bicycle lanes in a Grid network.

The two vehicles are moving at the speed of 5.55 m/s and 5.28 m/s, respectively, even while approaching/crossing  an unregulated junction (without slowing down).

Finally, they  collide downstream on the merging lane, and one of them gets teleported to the next edge on its route.

Few other similar collisions also occur in the simulation.

How to avoid  this? Should I increase the default gMinGap  from 0.5  to some higher value, or tune any other parameter? please suggest.

Regards,

Manish