Re: [sumo-user] Edge-based car following/lane change models

You can use type-calibrators to change the vehicle type upon entering a specific edge. This also permits for dependent mapping (i.e. carType->carType2, truckType->truckType2).
See https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Simulation/Calibrator.html#calibrating_vehicle_types