Re: [sumo-user] Lateral offset 1.0 causes perma-blockage

Hello Jakob,

Upon further inspection, I set the lane change mode to 101000000000 (2560) which allows sublane changes even when overriding TraCI requests to force center lateral alignment of vehicles in lane. However, there still seemed to be some issues with strategic lane changing (Even if the lane change mode clearly did not allow it). By setting arrivalLane="random" instead of the default "current", there were times when the vehicle's lane change state looks like ['stay', 'strategic', 'TraCI'] even when the action in changeLaneRelative was "right" (-1). This caused the same effect where the vehicle was on the edge of a lane instead of the center. This seemed to disappear after setting arrivalLane to "current".

On the same line of questioning, it complicates the scenario, even more, when I require any decision to change lane by vehicles to take place 5 seconds after the end of the last lane-change maneuver by them. I tried looking into action step length, but that seems to be for a different purpose. So I ended up using a custom counter to determine at which steps the changeLaneRelative statement will actually be used. At the steps where I don't want the vehicles to make any lane changing decisions, I simply do nothing. Just to confirm, that would be the "correct" way to set this up?

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Hriday