Re: [sumo-user] Weird situation where wantsAndCouldChangeLane fails and cooperative action clarification

lcCooperative=1 (or rather lcCooperativeSpeed=1 which takes lcCooperative as it's default) is mainly responsible for slowing down to open gaps:
- ego slows down if it is the follower
- the blocker slows down if it is the follower
Either slowing down is hindered if the vehicle to slow down has lcCooperativeSpeed < 1
Note, that sometimes, the ego vehicle may elect to overtake a blocking leader rather than to slow down and merge behind.