Re: [sumo-user] statistics output & summary output

Thanks for clarifying things, Jakob.

First things first: I considered the settings in sumocfg-file as added to those that were supplied via command line arguments. Indeed, this seems to apply partially. I have <duration-log-statistics value="true"/> in the sumocfg file. When I omit this, then a short stats.xml is generated (upon command-line invocation with the -c argument).
When I do "reload" in the GUI, then the command line parameters are still active. And according to my understanding, reload starts parsing the sumocfg again.

Regarding handling/workflow:
I usually start sumo-gui from the desktop, and then load the config file via the file menu - just to 'mimic' the typical windows user would do it the same way. I only use the shell when I - sometimes - want to activate some other behaviour (e.g. bypass default teleporting).
Because of the precise behaviour you outlined now, I have decided to tell the linux system that upon clicking on a sumocfg-file, this file shall be opened with sumo-gui. Even more windows-like & appropriate, but also more convenient if I simply click on a sumocfg-file that implies other behaviour or one that is decicated to graphic edgedata evaluation.

For the sake of completeness: moving the --statistic-output <file> to the sumocfg indeed enables statistics output when invoked from the desktop. But it results in a stats.xml with absolute paths in the <input> section (all additional files etc.). Also when I click the sumocfg in the file manager (in the working directory, and all paths in sumocfg are relative - version 1.12.0+1429).

BTW: I'd suggest to output stats content also as a simple small table after simulation end - e.g. as an extension of the dialog box that pops up at the end of the simulation.

Regards,
Rob