Re: [sumo-user] Miscellaneous Queries

1) the simulation always runs as fast as it can and manages anywhere from 50k to 300k vehicle updates per second. This means a simulation of 600s (10min) may take anywhere from <1 s to hours depending on the number of vehicles being simulated

2) yes

3) there is (almost) no way to create congestion with a single flow. You need additional simulation elements for this. i.e. any of the following
   - a traffic light
   - an intersection / on ramp and a second flow
   - a downstream section with lower speed
   - a variable speed sign that reduces speed
if the flow is running in a circle for a long time you can get spontaneous congestion by setting sigma > 0.7

3b) the default insertion lane is the right lane. If the flow is dense enough or the distribution of desired speeds is wide enough, vehicles will use the second lane for overtaking
To achieve use of both lanes on insertion use departLane="random" or "free" or "best"

4) arrivalLane must be defined in the <flow> or <vehicle> instead of the <vType>

5) if you use plotXMLAttrs.py, set option --yfactor 3.6 (assuming speed is on the y-axis)

6) it means colors will be grouped according to edge id (you can safely ignore the warning)

7) 6 minutes and 40 seconds

8) there was an interval with density 10 and speed 44km/h however, you should plot density/speed with option --scatterplot since the density values are not sequential in any way thus the lines suggest intermediate points which do not exist

9) things to measure / compare between scenarios:
   - average timeLoss on road
   - minimum, maximum, average travel time on road
   - maximum capacity on road (max vehs/hour observed)