Re: [sumo-user] How to add overtaking in SUMO

The basic desire to change lanes is derived in the same way as on a multi lane road (i.e. tactical reasons for overtaking a slow leader and strategic reasons for overtaking a stopped leader). Opposite overtaking additionally has a delicate model behind it that predicts the time and space needed for overtaking and checks this against oncoming traffic. You can lower/increase the safety desire via vType attribute lcOpposite.