Re: [sumo-user] how to change individual lane width when it is specified as "lane specific"

Excellent!

the alt-4 is a bit counterintuitive. Why?. Because this action flag is default on, and I'd interprete that as lane select (the more specific case related to the generic edge, which is in fact the container for lanes as well as the basic drawing construct). shift-click works perfect for doing some casual lane operations.
I opted for narrowing instead of making a single wide lane after your advice.

Regarding the other problem of a never occupied lane before a junction: This has been solved by introduction of two lanes on the junction output. But because after a few hundred meter a real narrowing to one lane was to be executed, the problem was merely shifted towards that place (at a small junction to a side street). But because of the simplicity of that junction, I had (yesterday) the insight that a "transfer from-to line" trough the junction was missing. As I experimented some time before coping with this problem, I already noted that you cannot select a yellow (conflict) target. Well, yesterday I saw that under the C mode the option is documented that CTRL-click allows targeting towards a "conflicting" lane. Voilà!

Since I know that the drivers in the simulations behaves as real humans do :-), during simulation, no accidents occur on the narrowing spot.