Re: [sumo-user] Tapered lanes

Sumo does not allow for tapared lanes. One of the core assumptions/constraints of the network model is that each lane has a fixed width along it's length.
If you need smooth transitions between sections of different widths or lane count, you must create elongated junctions (by increasing junction attribute 'radius' or setting a custom junction shape). The smooth transitions are then modeled via the shapes of junction-internal lanes (which may overlap each other) and which can be customized.