Re: [sumo-user] Spawning and moving pedestrians in SUMO

Hi Mirko, dear Michael,

thanks for the hint.

The C++ implementation inside the TraCI C++ API has been quite forward and intuitive.

The problem arises, if the person is spawned and then shall be moved freely:
Apparently, the pedestrian is initialized with the state WAITING_FOR_DEPART, which causes the following error, when trying to move the person in the same time step:
     >> Command moveToXY is not supported for person 'my_pedestrian' while waiting (awaiting departure).
So, I append an additional walking state with a pseudo route via PersonScope::appendWalkingStage(), and then afterwards execute PersonScope::moveToXY().
But then, although calling PersonScope::moveToXY() every simulation cycle before step() I obtain the following warning after 2 simulation cycles:
   >> Person 'my_ped' was removed though being controlled by TraCI

My goal is to move the pedestrian completely free in the scene via TraCI. So, are there any constrains I might neglect?

BR,
Marc

Hi Marc,

  I haven't had a look on the server side, but if the Python API works, there is no reason a C++ API implementation should not. You can start from C++ vehicle.moveToXY() and adjust the message components from there (remove lane ID from the message, change the scope).

Mirko