Re: [sumo-user] Modelling connected vehicles

Communication protocolls are not considered in SUMO. For this you would typically use a middleware which couples SUMO with a network simulator (e.g http://veins.car2x.org/).

regards,
Jakob

Am Fr., 17. Mai 2019 um 09:34 Uhr schrieb Menno van der Woude <menno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hello all,

for a project I am looking for a way to have vehicles communicate with (external) traffic controllers. Specifically, I'd like for vehicles to emit and receive Cooperative Awareness Messages (CAM) and/or Signal Request Messages (SRM). The traffic lights in SUMO are controlled via TraCI. Just for orientation: is there functionality within SUMO that provides for this kind of scenario? Or would one have to implement the vehicle type that facilitates this kind of behaviour oneself?

Greets, Menno