Von: sumo-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <sumo-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> im Auftrag von Jakob Erdmann <namdre.sumo@xxxxxxxxx>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 27. Juni 2018 20:29
An: Sumo project User discussions
Betreff: Re: [sumo-user] How to slow down approaching and turning at junctions?

To reduce turning speed you can do either
1) set a lower speed limit for connections in netedit or via xml input when building your network
2) use the option --junctions.limit-turn-speed which automatically reduces speed based on turning radius. Note, that this option is only available in the latest development version. The option parameter is a calibration value which affects speeds linearly but you should get reasonable results by setting --junctions.limit-turn-speed 1

There is currently no model parameter that can be used to calibrate the starting speed behavior in isolation.
However, you can increase the driver imperfection sigma from its default value of 0.5. which also reduces startup speed. In the upcoming release of sumo version 1.0 the default value will probably be increased to something like 0.7

regards,
Jakob

Dear sumo-users,

I´m not satisfied with the vehicle behaviour at junctions so far. I think they are approaching and tunring  too aggressive in a way.

I sort of solved this problem for vehicles coming from minor edges by reducing the visibility. But for vehicles on the Prior edges this Attribute doesnt work. I also tried giving a speed attribute for a certain connection, but the simulation wouldnt react as I defined in the attribute.

Is there any way that I can force vehicles (making a turn from a prior edge to a minor edge) to go a bit slower before and during the turning movement?

And is there a way to reduce the reaction of vehicles starting after a red light other than reducing the acceleration attribute?

Kind regards,

Florian