Re: [sumo-user] Vehicle Position in a Lane

Hello,
- if you just want cars traveling in the center of their lane all the time you can run the default model (not setting the lateral-resolution option)
- if the lanes and vehicles have default width (3.2m and 1.8m-2.4m) then setting --lateral--resolution 0.4 (or lower) should be sufficient to let vehicles pass each other without taking lateral evasive maneuvers (in maneuver planning, the surrounding vehicles widths are rounded up to occupy full sublanes thus exaggerating their width depending on resolution)
- you can lower the vType parameter 'minGapLat' from its default of 0.6m to reduce evasive behavior

regards,
Jakob

Hello,

I have noticed the trend that passing vehicles stay towards the far edge of a lane when passing a car or truck. I have tried changing some of the variables within the sublane model, to increase the lateral spacing, but it has been without luck. I have also tried changing the "--lateral-resolution", but it did not work. Do I have to enable the sublane model somehow within the simulation? I am wondering what the best way to incorporate this idea will be.

Thanks

(The scenario trying to be modeled can be seen in the attached image. This is data from our driving simulator that is not yet replicated on SUMO)