Re: [sumo-user] Documentation and parameters for Wiedemann Car Following Model

Hello,

The wiedemann model also uses the common vType paramters 'accel', 'decel', 'emergencyDecel', and 'length'
There are further parameters (i.e. regarding the variance of the random components) that are currently hard-coded in src/microsim/cfmodels/MSCFModel_Wiedemann.cpp
(in the constructor, as well as in the functions _v and  fullspeed).

We haven't been using the model much so we did not yet make all these parameters available for calibration (most of them are tied to 'security' and 'estimation' so you can influence them).

there is no further documentation beyond the code (which is thankfully quite short).

regards,
Jakob

I was going through the documentation at,
http://www.sumo.dlr.de/userdoc/Definition_of_Vehicles,_Vehicle_Types,_and_Routes.html
to understand the different attributes that are required by each car
following model. In the table, only "security" and "estimation" are marked
as attributes by the Weidemann model. But in my understanding the Weidemann
model has several parameters to control for desired distance to vehicles.
Are these attributes not available in the model? Also, I do not perfectly
understand what the 2 parameters "security" and "estimation" mean but it
seems just these 2 attributes will not be sufficient to calibrate the car
following model. Is there any other documentation that I can refer to so
that I can understand how to use the Weidemann model in SUMO?

Thank you for your time.

Gopindra