[sumo-user] Speed control near signalized intersections

Hi,

I was using TraCI to control vehicles to form platoon near signalized intersections. However, I realized that once TraCI taking over controlling vehicles, the original car movement model will be completely overwritten. As a result, instead of gradually reducing its speed, the vehicle will perform an emergency stop when approaching a red light. This phenomenon may lead to a further collision with its followers. Is there any approach to solve this problem? (some documents about the junction model?) or we need to encode our own junction model via TraCI? Thank you.

Regards,

Shengyue Yao

Doctoral researcher

SocialCars RTG