Re: [sumo-user] How to avoid the 255 byte limit of the TraCIAPI::load() function?

Hello,
thank you for reporting. This is fixed in https://github.com/DLR-TS/sumo/commit/caf9fc3
regards,
Jakob

we want to automate testing using SUMO in a co-simulation platform. Therefore, we want to use the load() function provided by TraCI.

The load() function seems to cause an exception when called with a vector of strings approaching about 245 characters in total. Being more precise, if the amount of characters plus the size of the vector times four exceeds 248, the unsigned byte written in line 595 in src/utils/traci/TraCIAPI.cpp exceeds 255, thus throwing an invalid_argument exception for being out of range [0...255]. However, this case is easily reached when specifying a path to each a net file, a route file, and say two additional files, plus two or three general flags like --start.

So, is there a way around this limitation? One could pack those files into a .sumocfg file, thus having to parse only one path to this file, but we would like to avoid this, since this limits flexibility.

Best regards,

Marc