Re: [sumo-user] Emission Output Timer

Hello,
patching sumo is probably the easiest solution for your problem.
Put your check into the file microsim/output/MSEmissionExport.cpp
Alternatively, you could write the file to a socket and filter the data with another script before writing it to disk (http://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/Basics/Using_the_Command_Line_Applications#Writing_files)
regards,
Jakob

Hello SUMO developers,

First of all I would like to thank you for the very nicely written and
commented source code. As well as for the useful documentation. It really
helps to implement own features :)

I am using SUMO for a project were I implemented a own car following model
into the source code. My simulation environment contains up to 4000 cars
and for the system to reach steady state I have to run he simulation for
approximately an hour. But if I want to generate an output with the option:
--emission-output <FILE> ; the simulation will take forever and just the
output of 60 seconds is almost 1GB of data.

I am searching for a way to generate output only for a given timeframe in
the simulation. Is there any way to do that?

I am also aware of the fact that I can save a state and then run the
simulation from said state. But since my car follow model has quite a lot
of variables with internal memory I would have to find a way to output them
in the saving of a state file. So this would be a more cumbersome option to
implement.

I assume to have located the structure for the output of the emission data
to be in the function "void MSFullExport::writeVehicles(OutputDevice& of)"
in the file MSFullExport.cpp. I tried to wrap an if statement as if(SIMTIME
> <TIME>) around the output inside the function, but it didn't help.

I hope there is a workaround for my issue. Would be glad about any
suggestions or hints on how to tackle my issue.

Thanks in advance for helping!

BR,

Damiano Schirinzi

master in mechanical engineering