Re: [sumo-user] How are position and velocity computed when turningleft/right at intersections?

yes. traci.lane.getLength works for lanes of any edge.

Is there a way to get the length of the internal edges and edges in general in traci?

Von: Jakob Erdmann
Gesendet: Dienstag, 19. September 2017 23:30
An: Do Duc Le
Cc: Sumo project User discussions
Betreff: Re: [sumo-user] How are position and velocity computed when turningleft/right at intersections?

The trajectory is a piece-wise poly-line based on a cubic spline between the incoming and outgoing lanes, The number of line segments is set by the netconvert option --junctions.internal-link-detail  (default 5).

Hi Jakob,

thank you very much. Can you tell me, how/with which formula the x-y-position of each vehicle is computed (let's consider a cross intersection where straight roads from north, west, south, east meet in the middle)? For straight movement either x or y is incremented by the velocity times timestep and the other variable stays the same, but how is it actually done when the vehicle turns? Here both x and y changes.

Best regards,

Duc