[sumo-user] How are position and velocity computed when turning left/right at intersections?

Hi,

as the title says I'm interested in how the position of the vehicles are computed when turning at an intersection/junction. I know SUMO follows the car following model of Krauß and the position is computed as x(t + dt) = x(t) + v(t + dt)d for straight movement, which I also confirmed by the Traci function "traci.vehicle.getDistance( )". But I can't find any information on how the position or distance of each vehicle is computed when it turns left/right into another lane/edge (consider a simple cross intersection). It seems like the vehicle disappears from the network when it reaches the junction (at least it is not on any edge) and reappears if it leaves the junction again.

Does any of you know how those functions are computed?

Best regards,

Duc