Re: [sumo-dev] help: Emergency braking console message

There is no direct way to intercept this message. However, you can compare the current vehicle acceleration (traci.vehicle.getAcceleration) with the emergency deceleration value (traci.vehicle.getEmergencyDecel) in each simulation step. The message is triggered if they are equal.
Note, that any acceleration value between vehicle.getDecel and getEmergencyDecel indicates a critical situation but the message is only triggered for the extreme case).