Dear friends and users,
we are happy to announce the release of SUMO version 1.5.0.
The download links are at http://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/Download
This release brings a ton of new features: New models for overhead lines and demand responsive transport, new input attributes for routing traffic between
junctions, new tools for generating traffic from turn-count data and many
improvements to network building from OSM data.
There are many more new features and fixes in this release and the most important ones are listed below. For a full list of changes, as always see http://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/ChangeLog
=== Enhancements ===
- Added new model for electric hybrid vehicles, overhead lines and power substations.
- Added new 'taxi'-device to simulate demand-responsive transport.
- Railway simulation now supports splitting and joining trains (portion
- When setting the option --junction-taz, routing between junctions instead of
edges is supported for Trips, flows, personTrips and walks by
using the new attributes `fromJunction`, `toJunction` and `viaJunctions`.
- Calibrators can now be used to update vehicle types
- Added several new lanechange-model parameters to better tune cooperation and anticipation
- Improved visualization for Vehicles and Flows starting from the same
- Traffic light mode now supports creation and removal of signal groups
- Demand objects (vehicles, routes, ...) can now be located by ID.
- Improved heuristics for connection building, junction-joining,
- Added options for restricting turn-around creation
- Support for routing between junctions (as above)
- Support for map-matching trips with attributes fromXY, fromLonLat etc to junctions
- Added options to control the interaction of overlapping flows. This allows
inputs with dense flow definitions in urban networks.
- TraCI / Libsumo
- Added context subscription filter that filters in a given range around the vehicles route 'addSubscriptionFilterLateralDistance'.
- Libsumo now supports context subscription filters
- osmWebWizard.py now supports adding satellite background images
- Added new tileGet.py tool to retrieve (satellite) image tiles from public servers.
- randomTrips.py now supports trips between junctions
- Added new tool jtcrouter.py to build a traffic demand scenario based on turn-count data
- Added new tool routeSampler.py to build a traffic demand scenario based on turn-count and edge-count data.
=== Bugfixes ===
- Fixed bug that could cause the simulation to freeze when vehicles approach a right_before_left junction from all directions simultaneously. (regression in 1.4)
- Fixed bug that was causing pedestrian jamming.
- Fixed bug that was causing unsafe situations between bicycles and turning cars.
- Fixed visualisation of containers.
- Meso calibrators are now drawn
- fixes to right-of-way rules, generated traffic light programs and junction
A big thanks to all contributors!
Have fun with the new release,
Jakob, Robert, Melanie, Johannes, Matthias, Michael, Yun-Pang, Angelo, Laura and Pablo