[sumo-dev] Lateral Speed with regard to velocity vector

When utilizing the sublane model to compute lane changes, I notice that the vehicles simply "slide" from one lane to another when there is 0 velocity.  Is there a reason for this?  I assumed that if a vehicle decides to make a lane change, it would be directly related to their velocity.  The speedLat and the velocity vectors seem decoupled in this case.  The lane changes with higher velocities seem to work pretty well.

Thanks!
JB

Back to the top