[sumo-dev] Freely control pedestrians through TraCi

Good afternoon,

I'm a first year PhD student at FEUP ingressed in a simulation class.

This class project will be about simulation of pedestrians in the urban environment. Currently we are using SUMO as a simulation base for a traffic simulator using TraCI, but need better control of pedestrians to implement our existing model. For this we need a way to control the pedestrians freely.

As such my project is to implement this feature in SUMO and help the community with this contribution. From my understanding and research, this is yet not possible, but github issue #2872 shows you have plans to implement a system similar to the one used by the vehicles to allow free movement through TraCI. Is this still the way you intend to develop this? Can you give me some tips to solve this problem?

Thank you very much for your attention and time!

Daniel Garrido

Back to the top