Re: [sumo-dev] Nagel-Schreckenberg model in SUMO

Hello
SUMO is quite far away from the Nagel-Schreckenberg model (roads and movements are continous) so you will have create a special road network and write a new vehicle  model.
If you have the latest development version (it won't work with 1.3.1), the call below will split a network in cells of 7m length:
 netconvert -s net.net.xml --geometry.max-segment-length 7 --geometry.split -o net2.net.xml
[1] The model isn't part of SUMO. I'm not aware that anyone tried to do this in SUMO so it would be quite experimental.
[2] see https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Developer/How_To/Car-Following_Model.html
[3] Yes that should be possible. The key thing would be to round vehicle speed to a multiple of the cell length

regards,
Jakob

I would like to use Nagel-Schreckenberg (Nasch) model for some fundamental traffic theory experiments. I found some literature on SUMO publications from 1998 that uses Nasch model.

But, so far, my looking at the code suggests that SUMO uses more complicated rules for vehicle state updates. So my questions are:

[Q.1] Is it possible for me to use only Nasch model for vehicle state updates in SUMO and no other modified rules for state updates?
[Q. 2] Could someone point to where I need to write, if it doesn't already exist, my model and make sumo use it?
[Q.3] Is it possible for me to write my model in python (via some API like TraCI) since I am not well versed in C++?

Thanks a lot,
Pranjal

I would like to use Nagel-Schreckenberg (Nasch) model for some fundamental traffic theory experiments. I found some literature on SUMO publications from 1998 that uses Nasch model.

But, so far, my looking at the code suggests that SUMO uses more complicated rules for vehicle state updates. So my questions are:

[Q.1] Is it possible for me to use only Nasch model for vehicle state updates in SUMO and no other modified rules for state updates?
[Q. 2] Could someone point to where I need to write, if it doesn't already exist, my model and make sumo use it?
[Q.3] Is it possible for me to write my model in python (via some API like TraCI) since I am not well versed in C++?

Thanks a lot,
Pranjal
Pranjal Dhole (M.Sc.)
Research Staff
Mail: pranjal.dhole@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Phone: +49 2241 865 9884

Room: A.049
Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University o.a.s.
Department of Computer Science
Institute for Technology, Resource and Energy-Efficient Engineering (TREE)
Grantham-Allee 20
53757 Sankt Augustin, Germany