Re: [sumo-dev] Extending SUMO by adding a DSRC device

Hello Michael,

My apologies, it looks like I subscribed to the sumo-dev mailing list using this email but sent the DSRC email through a different email resulting in the bouncer message. Thanks for taking the time and providing this information. I was able to cast a SUMOVehicle object into a MSVehicle object (using a dynamic_cast ) and able to retrieve signaling information that I can add to the DSRC device module that I am working on.

Do you know if it is possible to instantiate more than one copy of the same device within a vehicle. For example, I would like to install 5 of the same DSRC device modules in one vehicle so that it outputs 5 streams of data. I have tried adding 5 copies of the devices into a vehicle inside the .rou.xml file but SUMO does not register that I want 5 copies of it instead of one. Is this even possible to do in SUMO or will I need to modify the main MSDevice file?

Best,
Alexis Flores