Re: [sumo-dev] Compiling SUMO with Python3 bindings

Hi Michael,

In the simplest case, configure gives:

Optional features summary
-------------------------
Enabled: GUI
Disabled: Debug Profiling Coverage PIC PROJ GDAL UnitTests Python OSG ffmpeg

And this will compile fine (without Python though). Anyway, using cmake
yields:

cmake ../..
-- CMAKE_BINARY_DIR: /home/enno/Downloads/sumo-1.1.0/build/cmake-build
-- CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR: /home/enno/Downloads/sumo-1.1.0
--
-- Platform:
--     Host: Linux-4.15.0-20-generic x86_64
--     Target: Linux-4.15.0-20-generic x86_64
--     CMake: 3.10.2
--     CMake generator: Unix Makefiles
--     CMake build tool: /usr/bin/make
--     Compiler: GNU 7.3.0
--
-- Found Python: /usr/bin/python
-- Could NOT find GTest (missing: GTEST_LIBRARY GTEST_INCLUDE_DIR
GTEST_MAIN_LIBRARY)
-- Could NOT find Proj
-- Found Fox: -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu -lFOX-1.6 -lX11 -lXext -lfreetype
-lfontconfig -lXft -lXcursor -lfreetype -lfontconfig -lfreetype -lGL -lGLU
-ldl -lpthread -lrt -ljpeg -lpng -ltiff -lz -lGLU -lGL
-- Could NOT find GDAL (missing: GDAL_LIBRARY GDAL_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Could NOT find osgGA (missing: OSGGA_LIBRARY OSGGA_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Could NOT find osgViewer (missing: OSGVIEWER_LIBRARY
OSGVIEWER_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Could NOT find osgUtil (missing: OSGUTIL_LIBRARY OSGUTIL_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Could NOT find osgDB (missing: OSGDB_LIBRARY OSGDB_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Could NOT find osgText (missing: OSGTEXT_LIBRARY OSGTEXT_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Could NOT find osg (missing: OSG_LIBRARY OSG_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Could NOT find OpenThreads (missing: OPENTHREADS_LIBRARY
OPENTHREADS_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Could NOT find OpenSceneGraph (missing: OPENSCENEGRAPH_LIBRARIES
OPENSCENEGRAPH_INCLUDE_DIR) (Required is at least version "3.4.0")
-- Could NOT find GL2PS (missing: GL2PS_LIBRARY GL2PS_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Could NOT find SWIG (missing: SWIG_EXECUTABLE SWIG_DIR) (Required is at
least version "3.0")
-- Enabled features: Linux-4.15.0-20-generic x86_64 GNU 7.3.0 Release GUI
CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are
set to NOTFOUND.
Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake
files:
GDAL_LIBRARY
    linked by target "netconvert" in directory
/home/enno/Downloads/sumo-1.1.0/src
    linked by target "sumo-gui" in directory
/home/enno/Downloads/sumo-1.1.0/src
    linked by target "netgenerate" in directory
/home/enno/Downloads/sumo-1.1.0/src/netgen
    linked by target "polyconvert" in directory
/home/enno/Downloads/sumo-1.1.0/src/polyconvert
    linked by target "netedit" in directory
/home/enno/Downloads/sumo-1.1.0/src/netedit

See also
"/home/enno/Downloads/sumo-1.1.0/build/cmake-build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.lo
g".

I know I can install GDAL and so forth, but since configure obviously works
fine I don't understand the need to. Also there are no apparent
configuration options for cmake.

Cheers,

Enno