[sumo-dev] Compiling SUMO with Python3 bindings

Hello,

I have successfully compiled Sumo from source under Linux, including the GUI, but there are a few bits and pieces I don’t understand or that I find unsatisfactory:

I haven’t managed to compile Sumo with Python3 bindings. I have installed python3-dev and all, but according to config.log, configure only searches in /usr/include/python2.7. However, when I install python-dev, compilation will go through, and I can import libsumo even from a python3 prompt. But then again, I really would like to compile against python3 to avoid problems.

When I try to set Paths using CPPFLAGS, configure will not work, since CPPFLAGS won’t be added to the search path, but will replace it, ie, configure then searches for gcc in /usr/include/python3. This obviously fails.

Using cmake doesn’t work at all – it complains about a number of missing libraries (which I don’t want to install and don’t need) and I couldn’t find documentation about how to switch this off.

I’d be very grateful if someone could drop a few hints about how to get going!

Thanks,

Enno

ZOD Logo

Dr. Enno Middelberg
ZERO.ONE.DATA Data Scientist (T.IVVXZ / T.IPB16)

Team Kant

DB Systel GmbH
Jürgen-Ponto-Platz 1, 60329 Frankfurt am Main
Mobil: +49 (0) 152 3752 3652

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Frankfurt am Main
Registergericht: Frankfurt am Main, HRB 78707
USt-IdNr.: DE252204770
Geschäftsführer: Christa Koenen (Vorsitzende), Bodo Gmel, Gerald Hofer, Dr. Klaus Rüffler

Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrates: Prof. Dr. Sabina Jeschke