[sumo-dev] Wheels for SUMO?

Hi SUMO developers,

We wanted to put out a quick request/idea for SUMO. Could SUMO possibly include wheels with the software (and updated wheels for every new version)?

We know this could potentially be a big ask, but it would really be helpful to a lot of users if this was developed. Many people really enjoy using SUMO to run traffic simulations (its amazing!) and our lab at Berkeley has even used it to make a new software platform, called FLOW, for AV research. However, our users regularly encounter errors in the installation and build process. We've currently developed a practice of creating pip install wheels to install pre-compiled binaries for SUMO, but since this would break with new versions of SUMO, this seems like something best done by the SUMO project. Is it possible that this might be added to the SUMO development path? This would be great if so and would make SUMO even more awesome!

Please let us know what you think. Thank you for your time.

Best,
Berkeley-FLOW
University of California - Berkeley

Back to the top