[sumo-announce] SUMO 1.11.0 update released (log4j vulnerability)

Dear friends and users,
although only a small part of the SUMO universe is running with Java,
we are not entirely unaffected by the most recent events. Good news
first: If you are not using lisum-gui
(https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Tools/LiSuM.html) or not even know what it is
you can stop reading now.

For all the others:
Please note that due to the log4j vulnerability
(https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2021-44228) the
lisum-gui.jar in the distribution 1.11.0 has been replaced. Until today
it contained a vulnerable version of the library. All other files are as
in the original release. So if you are a lisum-gui user please download
and install the release again. You can also download an updated
lisum-gui.jar directly: https://sumo.dlr.de/daily/lisum-gui.jar. Please
note that no other part of SUMO (not even lisum-core.jar) is affected
and also our web server https://sumo.dlr.de is not running Java code.

(Older releases however still contain the vulnerable code in
lisum-gui.jar and will not be replaced.)

So now enjoy your holidays if there are any ahead of you and keep
simulating!

Best regards,
Michael (for the SUMO team)