Dear friends and users,
we are happy to announce the release of SUMO version 1.8.0.
The download links are at https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Downloads.html
This release brings you a load of bug fixes but also some new simulation
outputs, meso customization and railway tooling.
There are many more features and fixes in this release and the most important ones are listed below.
For a full list of changes, as always see http://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/ChangeLog
=== Bugfixes ===
- Fixed several issues related to conflict checking on junctions
- Option --ignore-junction-blocker is now working again (regression in 1.0.0)
- Fixed unsave insertion speed for IDM which was causing emergency braking
- Fixed issues with creation and usage of rescue lanes by emergency vehicles
- Battery model now works correctly with subeconds and handles additional power intake better.
- Fixed several crashes
- Fixed many inaccuracies when restoring saved simulation state
- Railway simulation safety fixes
- Taxi simulation fixes regarding dispatch and intermodal routing
- Several meso fixes including an invalid reduction in flow at traffic lights (regression in 1.7.0)
- Fixed several netconvert bugs that were causing unsafe junctions.
- Fixed netedit UI issues and some minor functionality bugs
- Fixed invalid intermodal plans generated by sumo and duarouter
- Fixed crash when using traci.vehicle.moveToXY in an intermodal network (regression in 1.7.0)
- Fixed routeSampler optimization when loading routes without counts
=== Enhancements ===
- Meso Model parameters can now be customized per edge type
- Rail signals now support constraints on train ordering to enforce a transport schedule
- EdgeData output now includes attribute timeLoss.
- FCD-output can now optionally record gap,speed and id of the leader vehicle
- Stop for vehicles and persons can now be specified using attribute 'edge' instead of 'lane'
- Taxi device can now be used to simulate on-demand container transport.
- Netedit supports edge types when creating edges
- Rail signals now reveal the reason for switching to red via gui dialogs
- New netconvert option to help with merging networks
- traci.simulation.findIntermodalRoute supports taxi
- randomTrips.py can now avoid arrival and departure in the middle of a motorway
- Added railway simulation tools to compute schedule constraints and to validate schedule consistency
- macOS launchers added for sumo-gui, netedit and the osmWebWizard. This
allows to set sumo-gui as the default application to open .sumocfg files
and to open a simulation by double clicking
Have fun with the new release,
Melanie, Johannes, Matthias, Michael, Yun-Pang, Angelo, Laura, Pablo, Jakob, Robert and Giuliana