[stp-dev] [galileo] Reminder: Ramp down policies

"Projects must have a written ramp down policy by M6+0"

M6+0 is Fri 13 Mar 09, i.e. end of this week (at last, should
have proper Cocoa Mac headless builds then :)

So what is a 'ramp-down policy'?  It's quite simply a short
document detailing what you are going to do as the time
nears the Galileo full release. Take a quick look at the
examples linked at the bottom this email.

The most straightforward thing to do is create a single
ramp-down policy that applies to every project in the STP
container project. But I want to make sure that I get your
feedback on this, as each of you may have different
ideas about how to do the ramp-down.

The ramp-down I would produce would be very like the
Subversive one at [2], with appropriate date changes, etc.

I was thinking, then, to put a wiki page up, with text
like the Subversive ramp-down, and then projects that
dislike the wording, or the implications, can add a new
section to the wiki with their own wording. Does that
sound ok to all?

 --oh

[0] http://wiki.eclipse.org/JWT_Ramp-Down-Policy
[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Mylyn/Plan/3.0#Ramp_Down